With the new mounting bolt at the drag link end in place, I secured the other
end of the stabilizer in the bracket. There is a metal sleeve that fits
snugly in the rubber bushing. Don't forget to slip it into the bushing
before you push the stabilizer into the mounting bracket. Now is also a
good time to remember to slide the rubber boot over the piston end of the
stabilizer, if you are going to use it. Although I don't have them on my
RS-9000 shocks, I decided to put one here.
With one end of the Rancho now mounted in the axle bracket, I
pulled the stabilizer apart (not an easy task by the way) so I could align the
tapered bolt with the drag link hole. I pushed the bolt into the hold and
snugged it down. With the torque wrench, I tightened the nut to 35 ft. lbs
(Rancho specs) and then, as their directions indicated, just a bit more until
the cotter key hole lined up with a pair of notches in the bolt. I slipped
the cotter key in place and bent it over.
Here is the finished product, ready to go. This will do a much better job of keeping those MT/Rs pointed in the right direction! Once I was done with this, I did an oil change and a chassis lube....even broke down and changed the pre-filter on the K&N air filter. Wow, Lady didn't know what hit her this morning!
4x4 Off-Road Homestead Firearms RC Flying