Here is the front upper and lower control arm mounting point on the skid plate. There is no bushing or joint used at this end of the upper arm. The axle end of the upper arm uses the factory rubber bushing that is installed at the axle's upper arm brackets.
Nothing special here....just the TJ sitting up on the lift. The rear axle is currently at max droop. The shocks are probably the limiting factor right now, although the rear sway bar links are almost vertical too. I've not checked the rear drive shaft for u-joint bind although a quick look this afternoon suggested this was not an issue.
The TBT lift comes with Rancho RS-9000 adjustable shocks, front and rear. I opted to save a couple of dollars here since I had recently installed longer shocks during my rear shock relocation project. I realize that my rear shocks are a little shorter than optimum, but I still have plenty of droop. The next time the shocks are replaced, I'll get a longer model and then go worry about the sway bar links again. DOH!
Gordon marks the exhaust for some more modifications. TBT also includes a new muffler, catalytic converter, and exhaust pipe with the lift. The factory exhaust it cut at the front of the oil pan and discarded. All new components and pipe are installed from that point to the rear bumper. The factory O2 sensors and wiring are re-used on the new exhaust.
The new catalytic converter gets its inlet (or was that the outlet) resized on a real spiffy machine. While most folks moan and groan over exhaust modifications that always accompany a long arm lift, I have to admit it was quite painless. TBT has a tubing bender just for exhaust work. Mike, one of TBT's employees that has dimensioned the current exhaust system, has shared some hints and tips on using the machine. I found that it is not as easy as it may first appear.....but if you can spacially 3-D model what the piping looks like in your head, it is a piece of cake! <grin>
More Alumi-flex Lift
4x4 Off-Road Homestead Firearms RC Flying