The exhaust exits the vehicle at the same point as the factory system. The tip is tucked up as close as possible to help avoid getting it into the rocks.
After welding the exhaust near the oil pan, you can just see route taken as it goes up and over the skid. The cat and muffler is mounted on an angle as the available space, now partially taken up by the rear long arm mounts, makes for a snug fit.
My lift was installed using an RE skid plate. As was mentioned earlier, TBT now manufactures their own skid. Even though I was previously running a 6" lift, the factory skid always seemed to be in the way. Having this one tucked up tighter to the frame makes it a bit easier to get over those ledges without high centering the rig on the belly plate.
A pic of the cartridge joints that were installed in my rig. The large joints are used on the lower arms while the small one was used on the upper rear arms. It has since been replaced by a bushing joint.
The previous information is but a spattering of what went into
putting the lift on. When we did Robert's TJ (which included the alumi-flex
steering), we put in about 50 man hours (squeezed into a Thursday and Friday)
before we called it near done.
More Alumi-flex Lift
4x4 Off-Road Homestead Firearms RC Flying